April 2022 Newsletter Now Available!April 22, 2022
June 2022 Newsletter Now Available!June 15, 2022
The May 2022 OVLR Newsletter has now been sent to all current members by email. Contact us if you have not received your copy. Non-Members can get access by joining today or downloadable copies are available in our online shop for $5
In this month’s issue we have:
- Terry King writes on the annual Maple Syrup Rally. A good time was had by all and over a dozen vehicles made it out to Shawville for a revisit.
- Several pages of event information for the Birthday Party and a couple other events.
- News from the Sebasticook Millennium Green
- Sandy Grice, the former editor and president of the Rover Owners Association of Virginia writes on challenges of Rover ownership. Who else has had similar experiences?
- Land-Rover Stamps finishes off the two parter on Land Rovers in United Nations service; (moved to June to keep this issue at 44 pages, and not 46, which means creating two more pages of material)
- Aleksandre Agadjanov sends a few more photos of his early IIA 109 SW model build. This month it is making body sides
- Enrico Agostinelli completes his series on building a Tot-Rover , a small scale electric 80”;
- I have compiled a list of known Santana chassis number prefixes. It is interesting how difficult it is to find these, and this list remains incomplete
- Kevin Newell weights in on a religious type of question, and writes about tire choise for your Land-Rover;
- Finally, the latest collection of known Series Land-Rovers for sale in Canada and a few from the United States.