2022 Birthday Party Schedule now availableJune 17, 2022
August 2022 Newsletter Now Available!August 27, 2022
The July 2022 OVLR Newsletter has now been sent to all current members by email. Contact us if you have not received your copy. Non-Members can get access by joining today or downloadable copies are available in our online shop for $5
In this month’s issue we have:
- Terry King has assembled a bit of a commentary on the Birthday Party, as well as noting volunteers, sponsors and similar support for the Birthday Party.
- Several pages of event information for the All British Car Day (ABCD) for those interesting in the static show as well as information on the rerunning of the Opeongo Colonisation Road “Sunday drive” in July.
- A regular injection of news from the Sebasticook Millennium Green a place that scored well for off-roading and hosting the 75th.
- Peter Fritz has a couple of comic entries this month, this time poking some gentle fun at identifying Land-Rover by their tracks, as well as stereotypes of the off-road experience.
- Peter Fritz has another comic, this time poking some gentle fun at the newest with the oldest;
- A brief parody on Gilligan’s Island inspired by something at the Birthday Party.
- Bill Cooper and the Barbara Toy Tribute Tour, where he followed her journey across the USA in an eighty inch. Part two will be in the August issue of the newsletter.
- Aleksandre Agadjanov sends a few more photos of his early IIA 109 SW model build. This month it is the pedal boxes.
- In the latest excerpt on Rover publications, a listing of all of the known pre-War publications.
- A quick article on resurrecting a pintle hitch from Kevin Newell.
- Finally, the latest collection of known Series Land-Rovers for sale in Canada and a few from the United States.