Cedar Hill Rallye
Pakenhan, Eastern Ontario
Sunday, October 16th, 2016
Hosted by OVLR president Andrew Jones at his place in Pakenham, this is a multi-facetted event. The first part is a trail clearing
workday, a week or two beforehand to ensure that the trails are trimmed and cleared for two different rides in the country. The first is a
fund raising horseback event to support Dominique J's cause, followed at a later date by an OVLR offroad at the height of the fall colours.
Andrew has again called for volunteers to help with the trail clearing; this year there was a microburst in the area early in August, so
there may be a few more trees down than last year. Proposed clearing day: Sunday 16 Sept - weather permitting / October 7th as the
alternate. On the clearing day, there will be coffee and doughnuts, some trail running, hard work and camaraderie.
On the offroad day, there will be a hearty breakfast, one or two trail runs at the greenlane to medium level, followed by a BBQ and
social in the late afternoon for those that can stay.
Last year David Place and family were in attendance from Manitoba! This third incarnation of the event of- fers amazing opportunities
for the OVLR community. There is space for camping and direct access to trails either on their 400 acre farm or with connections to the
Lanark Transmission that many of us have been on.
Note: There will be a driver'smeeting discussing the rules and regulations prior to heading out. Anyone who has a working chainsaw is
encouraged to bring it with them, along with loppers and tools for trail clearing. The trails are basically clear with the exception of St.
Patrick's which will require some work to be able get round the full circuit. Rain Day: If we are experiencing a monsoon on Saturday,
October 13th, then the event will be switched to Sunday, October 14th. If its only raining then the event will go as planned on Saturday.
Reservations/RSVP: OVLR needs to know how many people expect to be attending so the proper amount of food can be purchased. If
you are planning on coming, please send Terry King an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 967, 7th Concession South Road, Pakenham (off Cedar Hill Side Road) 1 Concession after Cedar Hill Berry Farm.
- 08:30 - 09:30: Participants arrive. Marshalling / event briefing and rules - “ in drive shed if wet. Club trailer will be manned to
provide bacon sandwich and coffee breakfast.
- 09:30 - Noon: Follow the October trail to logging road and proceed along logging road to hydro line. From hydro line work either left
to Bellamy Road or right and pick up 9th Concession and then circle back to Jones property via Cedar Hill Road.
- Lunch: Participants to bring own lunch
- 13:00 -16:30: St. Patrick's trail. This activity involves potentially clearing some fallen trees will need to be cut into
and pulled out of the way, we will also need to cut some small cedars, no hardwoods, before being able to complete the circuit. It should be
passable by both large (Range Rover / Disco) and small (SWB Series) trucks without damage, beyond some pin- striping. Those who opt not
to run their vehicles around the trail will be entertained by watching those who do, they can also assist in obstacle clearing and
- Evening: Club trailer based barbeque at the marshalling point.
ï¿¼From Ottawa: Travel time approx 50 minutes
- ¢ Take 417 West and take exit #169 signposted Penham and Kinburn (hwy 20)
- ¢ At the end of the off ramp turn left onto KinburSide Road - heading towards Pakenham
- Cross the 5-span stone bridge in Pakenham and at the T-junction turn Left onto (Hwy 29)
- Drive through the village, under railway bridge and past the golf club
- After approx 6km (3.5 miles) look for signs for Cedar Hill Side Road
- Turn right onto Cedar Hill side Road
- After approx 4km (2 miles) turn right at the white church onto 7th Concession Rd (South) - note sign
for dead-end / no exit
- #967 is on the left at the end of the road (mailx bomarked Jones)
- Drive over the brie, up the hill. and past the house to the meeting point on the back field
From Almonte: Travel time approx 20 minutes
- After approx 25km (15 miles) look for signs for Cedar Hill Side Road
- Turn left onto Cedar Hill Side Road
- After approx 4km (2 miles) turn right at the white church onto 7th Concession Rd (South) - note sign for dead-end / no exit
- #967 is on the left at the end of the road (mailbomarked Jones)
- D Drive over the bridge, up the hill, and past thhouse to the meeting point on the back field